Monday 13 May 2013

Oh yes you can (and oh yes I did!)


Fast day 3 in the Evennett-Watts house, and I have been doing my homework. First, I am glad to report that berries are low in calories, as is Yeo 0% fat yoghurt. So breakfast this morning was a bowl of raspberries (27 cals), blueberries (57 cals) and strawberries (32 cals) with a small amount of yoghurt (59 cals) and a sprinkling of granulated xylitol. 

After HealtheHelen reminded me that eggs are a satisfying low calorie option, lunch was a plate of asparagus (50 cals) and two egg yolks (100 cals) - I don't eat whole egg whites. Steve had three poached eggs with his asperges (about 284 cals): I think he will remain fuller for longer.

I don't know if supper will be more eggs, or some prawns with a salad - but, half an hour after lunch, I am already thinking about it. 

As one disapproving medic friend warned me: "this regime could encourage disordered eating in some people." I know exactly what she means.







No comments: